- in email, text and other electronic messages between you and us.
- when and where available, through web applications, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and us.
- which you provide to us, such as your name and e-mail address, through the use of HEATFOLIO.COM and APP.HEATFOLIO.COM.
If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through HEATFOLIO.COM.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on our website.
We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize and improve our services, to allow you to set up and operate a user account, to contact you and allow other users to contact you, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, to provide and improve the Services, and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
We are not responsible for the practices of sites linked to from the Services, and you are advised to review their rules and policies before interacting with any of these sites or providing them with any private information.
3. How and what information we collect about you
We collect several types of information from and about users, including Personal Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as, time and date of visits to our Services, etc.; and/or, about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- job title;
- email address;
- phone number;
- e-mail address;
- other unique identifiers (including your device’s IP address).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. When you sign up for the Services, you provide us with information such as your name and email address. By signing up for our Services we understand either you directly providing us your information or being invited to use our Services by your employer with which we have a direct relation.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners or customers.
Information you provide to us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our Website, contacting our customer support, ordering our services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) through the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, geolocation data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us improve our Website or Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including, but not limited to, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize and improve our Website or Services.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, pixel tracking, GIF and/or IP address. Each of these is discussed below. For details on the specific cookies we are currently using, please review our Cookie Declaration.
Cookies (or browser cookies)
A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It may contain certain data, including, but not limited to: the name of the server that has placed it there, an identifier in the form of a unique number, and, an expiration date (some cookies only). Cookies are managed by the web browser on your computer (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome). Different types of cookies which have different purposes are used on our Website.
These cookies are essential to allow you to browse our Website and use its functions. Without them, our services would not be able to work.
These cookies collect information on the use of our Website, such as which pages are consulted most often. This information enable us to optimize our Website and Services and simplify browsing. These cookies do not collect any information which could be used to identify you. All the information collected is aggregated, and therefore anonymous.
These cookies enable our Website to remember the choices you have made when browsing. For example, we can store your geographical location in a cookie so that the Website corresponding to your language is shown. Functionality cookies may also be able to keep track of the pages consulted to avoid repetition. The information collected by these cookies cannot be used to identify you and cannot monitor your browsing activity on sites which do not belong to us.
It is possible that you will come across third-party cookies on some pages of sites that are not under our control.
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity)
In addition to using Cookies, our Services may employ “pixel tracking”, a common process which may be used in connection with advertisements on other sites. Pixel tracking involves the use of pixel tags that are not visible to the user and consist of a few lines of computer code. Pixel tracking measures the effectiveness of advertisements and compiles aggregate and specific usage statistics. A “pixel tag” is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of websites that is used to track an individual user’s activity. We may access these pixel tags to identify activity and interests that may allow us to better match our goods, services, and other offers with your interests and needs. For example, if you visit our Website from an advertisement on another website, the pixel tag will allow the advertiser to track that its advertisement brought you to the Website. If you visit our Website, and we link you to another website, we may also be able to determine that you were sent to and/or transacted with a third-party website. This data is collected for use in our marketing and research.
Our servers automatically record certain log file information reported from your browser when you access the Services. These server logs may include information such as which pages of the Service you visited, your internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, and other information on how you interact with the Services.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Financial information connected to payments may be collected or stored by a third-party payment processor and is subject to their terms and policies.
5. How to turn off cookies
If you choose to turn cookies off, all modern browsers allow you to do so through their settings page.
6. How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present our Website and its content to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- for analyzing how the Services are used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Websites or Services, our policies, terms or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
7. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which we obtained it, unless you ask us to delete it at an earlier time. Our retention periods are based on business needs and legal requirements, and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised or destroyed securely.
If you ask us to delete your personal information at an earlier time, we will delete all information we hold on you within 30 days, save for information which is reasonable for us to retain in order to operate our Website and Services or information we are required to retain by law.
8. How we share your information
We will never rent or sell your Personal Information to others. We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the purpose of providing or improving the Services to you. If we do this, such third parties’ use of your Personal Information will be bound by obligations of confidentiality. We may store Personal Information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases located or co-located with hosting providers).
9. What you can access
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- name and password;
- email address;
- user profile information, including any content you have uploaded to the Services.
The information that you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Your rights
You have the following rights regarding your information:
- The right to be informed:You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights.
- The right to rectification:You’re entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure:You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it.
- The right to restrict processing:You have rights to suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further.
- The right to data portability:You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object:You have the right to object to certain types of processing.
11. Contact information
Sourcing International SI1010 GmbH